We’re looking for a communications manager to support us with our internal and external communications, brand strategy and marketing activity.
Simpson Spence Young is the largest private shipbroker in the world, with 400 employees across 20 different locations.
This is an exciting time to join us, and we offer a competitive salary and benefits package in a fast paced, dynamic organisation.
You’ll have a broad range of experience and be confident coordinating our overall communications strategy and managing day-to-day marketing and communications activity across digital and social platforms, traditional media and with stakeholders.
You’ll be someone who isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, and you’ll play a key role in helping shape our messaging and communicate our story. You’ll be flexible and happy to get involved in a wide range of projects across the organisation.
You’ll report into the Managing Partner and work closely with the senior management team and all areas of the business. You’ll be pivotal in ensuring that all marketing and communications activity aligns with our business goals and brand.
- Management of all internal communications activity, plans and events
- Management of PR activity, crafting press releases and social media posts and managing external PR support to deliver proactive media relations campaigns. React to emerging news stories when required, identify appropriate comms opportunities. Manage our reputation in the media, cultivate media interest and ensure regular contact with target media contacts.
- Management of all marketing material and websites
- Liaise with internal departments across the global business to coordinate comms activity and campaigns and develop marketing material.
- Devise and project manage events both internal and external
- Build relationships with key partners and other external organisations on relevant communications topics and issues
- Build company presence on social media platforms and digital channels, responsible for content creation and planning for all social media activities
- Work alongside senior team and departments to communicate strategy internally through the business and drive employee engagement
- Responsible for intranet and website content and development
- Oversee brand and ensure standards are met across the organisation.
- Relevant experience in a communications role, specialising in internal/external communications
- Proven track record of leading on the creation and delivery of communications strategy
- Experience of writing and editing content for target audiences, producing presentations, reports, and documents
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to work with key partners on communication activity
- Experience in managing CMS for intranets and websites
- Ability to create on-brand communications so experience of photoshop, InDesign and illustrator would be an advantage.
This is a full-time role based in our London office. We are open to discuss options for hybrid working for the right candidate.Apply Now